Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mile Times

Today I discovered: If you have the chance to run now, run now! I had an hour or two free this morning, but it was a rainy day: perfect for curling up on the couch and watching tv. So that's what I did. I ended up falling asleep, missing my class, and I didn't have another chance to run until 9 at night (too late for my liking). Lesson learned.

I also recorded my mile time today: 10 minutes 33 seconds. Ouch! Not the time I was hoping for. I remember running seven and a half minute miles in grade school; granted, this was a long time ago, but I wasn't expecting to get into the double digits for time. Looks like I have a lot of work to do!

I won't be able to run more than a mile for a while, so I'm thinking that my schedule will be run a mile Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, walk two miles on Wednesday, then take Friday and Sunday off. Part of me wants to be more ambitious, but I don't want to over-exert myself. I might get overwhelmed and stop, or I might hurt myself (something else I keep seeing in my research: don't overexert yourself and get hurt!). So we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment